Monday, March 3, 2014

A Little Thing Called Love (2010)

"We never forget those who make us blush." Jean-Francois De La Harpe

This movie I'm going to share with you guys today became viral online a couple of years ago up to this day and that was how I came to know about it.

photo credits to asianwiki.com

When I watched the movie, I was transported back to my high school years where giggling and gushing about the cutest and most handsome men in campus is part of my every day school life.

SUMMARY

A Little Thing Called Love aka Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Thai: สิ่งเล็กเล็ก ที่เรียกว่า รัก Sing Lek Lek Thi Riak Wa Rak) was a Thai romantic comedy movie in 2010 that took the romcom world by storm even up to this day. The female lead role was played by Pimchanok Luevisadpaibul and the male lead role was portrayed by Mario Maurer. Both actors ' popularity skyrocketed the moment the movie rose to fame.

photo credits to: squidoo.com
photo credits to: fhayloezhia.blogspot.com

The film revolves around Nam (Luevisadpaibul), an average teen student wearing thick eyeglasses and with dark complexion, who has a crush on a senior student who is also the school heartthrob named Shone (Maurer). Thinking of ways to get Shone's attention, Nam and her friends consulted a book entitled Nine Recipes of Love.

photo credits to: weheartit.com
photo credits to5thmaiden.wordpress.com
photo credits to: flutterbyazwa.blogspot.com
Will Nine Recipes of Love really help Nam to get noticed by Shone?

QUICK FACTS

Due to Luevisadpaibul and Maurer's global popularity, they both became endorsers of Penshoppe, a clothing brand in the Philippines.

MY TAKE

Just like what I said above, watching this movie brought back good memories during my high school years. The beauty and innocence of young love is something that I will always admire and this film captured that concept perfectly. Whenever the movie would show Nam stealing glances at Shone and doing silly stuff just so she can get close to him, I could not help but smile because that is exactly how I used to do it whenever my high school crush is around.

Many people think that romantic comedy movies are shallow and unrealistic but movies like this one definitely disproves that idea. I'm sure that most, if not all, viewers who have seen this movie found themselves relating with one of the characters in the film in a scene or two.

If you haven't seen this movie yet and is looking for something that is light, entertaining, funny and even nostalgic at some point, you can try this one and hopefully enjoy it as much as I did.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment