Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3 Idiots (2009)

Aal Izz Well... Aal Izz Well... Aal Izz Well...

If you have seen this movie, you very well know those powerful three word mantra I wrote above.


I remember my husband (my then boyfriend at that time) telling me that I should watch this film but I never found the time to do it so until one day, one of my girlfriends asked me if I've seen 3 Idiots. The moment she asked me about the movie and told me that it was a good one, I knew that I really have to make time and watch it because these two (my husband and my friend) know my taste when it comes to movies.

SUMMARY

3 Idiots (Hindi -३ इडियट) is a 2009 Indian drama comedy film that took the viewers by storm not only in it's originating country, India, but also the entire planet.

The story was about two friends named Farhan and Raju who are searching for Rancho, their long lost college buddy who helped them get thru their university years and greatly influenced the way they look at life.

photo credits to: melikesart.com
photo credits to: dvdizzy.com

The journey to finding out whatever happened to Rancho started ten years after their graduation. Their search brought them to different places all over India as clues lead them from one place to another. As their journey continues, flashbacks of how they met Rancho and how he slowly become a very important person in their lives are shown every now and then.


photo credits to: theguardian.com
Will Farhan and Raju find Rancho? Is Rancho still alive? And what actually happened to him after graduation?

QUICK FACTS

Aamir Khan is already in his 40s when he portrayed the role of Rancho, an Engineering student that changed the lives of his friends Farhan and Raju.

3 Idiots was based on a book called Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat.

Upon the release of the movie, it broke all the box office records in India at that time.

The movie made use of real inventions created by people across India.

MY TAKE

This has to be one of my most favorite movies of all time because of its beauty in all aspects. First, the story was able to capture the beauty of friendship and how one person can affect the lives of many in a positive way. Second, watching this film is also like traveling to some of the most beautiful places in India. I especially like the scene when the guys are driving down the hill side and the song Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh was playing in the background. Lovely! And then third, of course, a Bollywood movie is incomplete without the usual Bollywood music video like scenes and in 3 Idiots, I find each music number entertaining and at times, heart pumping especially during the part after that "big" (because I don't wanna spoil the movie for you) scene with Raju in Virus' office (you'll know what I mean by heart pumping once you've seen the movie). Fourth, Aamir Khan is in it! I mean, Aamir is known to be one of the few Bollywood actors who carefully chooses the movie he makes and stars in. But kidding aside, Aamir played his part in this movie perfectly. He was the right actor for the role and I just could not imagine anyone else playing Rancho. Last but not the least, the movie did not only entertain me for three hours. It also taught me lessons and even made me re-think my values and the way I look and handle situations.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I urge you to do it asap and you'll never regret it!

Til next time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment