Friday, February 28, 2014

Shutter (2004)

When I was young, I used to love watching horror films even if I know that I will not be able to sleep properly for at least a week just because my mean imagination thinks that whatever I saw in the movie could happen to me too.

Now that I'm much older, I still watch scary movies every now and then but before I do, I make sure that I am not home alone. Haha!


When someone asks me about a good horror movie that he/she can watch, the first film that comes to my mind is the Thai flick called Shutter. I'll never forget the first time I saw that movie inside my parents room with my cousins. The movie was dubbed in Filipino which made it better so we can really focus on the what's going on in the screen. Ooooh... There were so many scary and shocking scenes in the movie that all of us were screaming in the room at that time.

For the benefit of those who haven't seen the movie yet, I've decided to just write down a quick summary of the movie.

SUMMARY


Shutter (Thai: ชัตเตอร์ กดติดวิญญาณ) was a Thai film back in 2004 about Tun, a young photographer, and Jane, Tun's girlfriend, who discovered mysterious images appearing in every photo that Tun takes.


It all began when Tun and Jane was on their way home one night after attending a party when all of a sudden, a girl appeared on the road out of nowhere and Jane hit her. Tun however asked Jane not to get out of the car and just drive away leaving the girl lying on the road. 

 
Days passed by with still no word about the accident in the news, the couple thought that there's nothing to worry about anymore.


However, things started to change when a strange figure/image keeps on appearing on every photo that Tun takes. Jane was convinced that it has something to do with the girl she hit in the road that night. Determined to find answers, Jane started tracing down information about the girl until she discovered the girl's link to Tun's past.


What happened to the girl that Jane hit that night? How is the girl related to Tun? What are those strange figures showing up in Tun's photos?

Unravel the answers by watching this Thai horror flick!

QUICK FACTS

Remakes of this movie has been made in different parts of the world such as in the US (2008) with the same English title. In India, several remakes were made like Click (2010) in Hindi and Sivi (2007) in Tamil and Photo (2007) in Telugu.

MY TAKE

This has to be the BEST horror movie that I have seen as of this writing. I mean if you are looking for something that will make you crap in your pants and keep your lights on at night, then this is the film that you may want to consider. Just make sure that you watch this original 2004 Thai version and not the remakes.

The reason why I like this movie so much when talking about the horror genre is because of the simplicity of the concept of the story yet the way the story developed and progressed was delivered in a way that will make viewers hold their breath, scream like they were in the film, shudder at the thought of the kind of ghost in the movie and debate with theirselves as to whether they should keep the light on that night after watching the movie or not.

Okay, I know, it may sound as if I'm exaggerating things but that's just how sold I am to this film.

Anyways, I hope you have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment